Saturday 17 March 2012

Hi. I'm Toby.


I wanted to announce our little man's birth. It was one of the first things I wanted to do when we got home, when I had time again. I wanted to let people know he was here. He was finally here. We'd waited so long for him to arrive. In actual fact, he was suddenly here. Saying 'finally' sounds wrong because he was so early. The thing is is the journey in getting to his birth day was so hard, so twisty, so tough. I wanted people to be able to read our story. 

Our story needed to be told in my opinion. It's up to the receivers whether or not they read it. But I've done my bit, the bit I needed to do. I've been vulnerable. I've admitted we struggled. I've shown weakness. I've told people our foundations shook for a while, if we're really honest. 
There's something about telling this story to so many people that has changed the way I feel about it all. I hope the honesty supports some people on the difficult road they may be travelling. It's only because of some very special people that we even managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other while walking this path. And the grace of God. The strong right arm of the Father, gripping us firmly and holding us in the pain even when I didn't feel it. Even when I didn't feel it one tiny bit.

It's over now. We've got him. I know there will be other journeys, other roads to travel. Routes that will push us, hurt us, challenge us, shape us. But this one, this 'we want a baby' one, it's all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment